Chocolate chip scones with a touch of baobab powder for nutrition and zest, you can't go wrong with this scone recipe!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup Baobab Superfruit Powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 stick cold butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons fruit spread
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix with a wooden spoon flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ground ginger, and baobab powder. Cut in cold butter with a pastry knife. Make a well in the center and add buttermilk.
- With the wooden spoon mix the dry ingredients with the buttermilk until all ingredients are wet and can be taken out of the bowl.
- Form a big ball with the dough and cut in half. Make two flat circles, about 1 inch thick and set next to each other. On one half, spread jam. Take the other half and put on top so the jam is sandwiched in between both pieces.
- Cut into 6 triangles and place on a cookie sheet.
- Put in the oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!