Looking for a quick and easy snack? These nutritional baobab vegan raw lemon bites with coconut flakes are a crowd pleaser.
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 small lemon or 1/2 large, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, agave or other sweetener of choice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract *
- 1-2 teaspoons baobab powder
- A pinch of turmeric for coloring – optional
* the specific amount depends on what kind you use. You can leave it out and add the zest from another lemon instead.
- Start by adding the cashews and shredded coconut to a food processor and pulse until the mixture has turned into a fine meal.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir until everything is well combined and roll the mixture into small balls. I rolled half of the lemon bites in shredded coconut, but it was purely for decoration purposes so you can leave that step out if you like.
- Put the lemon bites in a lidded container lined with baking paper and place them in the freezer for at least 20 minutes before serving, enjoy!