This is one of our favorite super easy recipes that we love when using our baobab fruit powder in desserts. The ingredients in this recipe are some that are so good for you including raw Honey that is incredibly medicinal for the overall health. Honey helps heal skin tissue and is rich in vitamin A, C, D, E, K as well high in minerals such as magnesium, iron and calcium. It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and helps reduce inflammation in the skin.
Baobab, for those who’s immune system is jeopardized and weak, this is one of the superfoods that helps support it all year round because it’s super high in Vitamin C.
So here is the recipe:
5 tbsp. raw honey
1 tbsp. baobab powder
5 tbsp. coconut oil or ghee
2½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1½ cups soaked almonds (overnight)
juice of 1½ lemon
zest of 1-2 lemons
dash of raw vanilla bean powder (you can add cinnamon if you like as well)
dash of pink salt
1 cup extra shredded coconut for rolling truffles
- Soak raw almonds over night for 8-12 hours.
- Peel skin off almonds. This can be a time consuming job (warning you!) – approx. 30min job. I found this easier by warming the water before peeling.
- Add almonds, baobab, coconut oil, shredded coconut, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, salt to a food processor.
- Blend ingredients on high until all ingredients are mixed well together and they form a paste.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl. In a separate bowl, add the extra shredded coconut.
- Roll each truffle in the palm of your hand and roll it into the coconut.
- Place truffles once they are all done in freezer for at least 2 hours and enjoy. They last up to 14 days in the freezer.
You will love this ..... Promise, so worth it.